An emotional homecoming

Friday, June 10, 2011











Being a military wife isn't for the WEAK.


Surviving a deployment can be VERY lonely.


12 + months deployed is TO LONG.

It takes a load of PATIENCE.


Some nights YOU CRY yourself to sleep, as do your KIDS.


Hey, there is an upside............you get extra pay, but considering the hours your loved one is working while deployed it isn't NEAR ENOUGH.


You don't take your MARRIAGE for granted.(Atleast I don't)


It makes your family STRONGER.


We are lucky we have SKYPE, and INTERNET communications, it would be even harder w/out it. Thankfully my husband was able to skype while I GAVE BIRTH. I am happy he was right there WITH ME.
It's a true SACRAFICE on both sides, everyone who makes it through 1+ deployments/long training/ long days..all of it, just know you are stronger then you think!


Ok so about the family in the pictures. THE ROYLE'S
They are my friends, my "Hawaii family," I have done a handful of sessions for them. They make me love my job, they make it easy. This is why I love photography, to capture "real families" They are real, and they are close. You can see it in the pictures, I am always amazed at how photogenic they are, it comes natural, it's not set up!




<3 Joy

0 comments: